Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Yields Update - 10yr yields have fallen slightly over the past few days, currently at 2.939%

As you can see from the graph below, the 10yr treasury has been trading in a range of about 2.60% to 3.00% since June. The 3% level has proved a solid resistance on several occasions. “If” we were to get through 3%, I believe 3.25% would be the next resistance level. However, I think it will take some kind of “catalyst” to push us through 3%. In the meantime, I think we’ll remain in the range. And given we are at the high end of the range, I believe now is a good time to put “some” money to work. The most popular product, and the one I recommend the most, are 2yr+ seasoned 15yr MBS with modest premiums or discounts. Randy

 

 

 

 

Randy Woodward
Managing Director, Fixed Income Capital Markets

One Burton Hills Blvd, Ste 225, Nashville, TN 37205

( Toll-Free 800.764.7621

6 Mobile 615.969.2682

Randy.Woodward@RaymondJames.com

 



Prepared for informational purposes only.  Not an official confirmation of terms.  Based on information generally available to the public from sources believed to be reliable.  Changes to assumptions may materially impact returns.  Past performances is not indicative of future results.  Price/availability is subject to change without notice.  This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy a new issue.  For further information on a new issue, including a prospectus, please contact your Raymond James salesperson.  Raymond James & Associates, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment